Bluehost doesn’t offer a plan which has options to pay on monthly basis. They do 1, 2, or 3 years with good discounts further you plan.
But they certainly offer a 30-day money back guarantee so in case you are not satisfied and want to cancel within the period of thirty days then you would get a full refund for your hosting.
However if you are looking for a lowest monthly payments then you can choose the 36 month plan offered by bluehost which would cost you 36×2.95=$106.20.
If one wants to make sure that their website is hosted properly, with the optimum loading speed and great performance around the clock, then Bluehost is the one to choose.
They also have different hosting types like VPS hosting, shared hosting and dedicated hosting depending on one’s website needs. You will also get a free domain name for their account along with the lucrative price for the hosting services.
Bluehost is a reliable and the perfect place to get hosting services done right. They are recommended by wordpress.org themselves.
About web hosting
Web hosting services are a requirement if one needs to post their web page or their website on the internet. For this, the web hosting service provider tends to provide one with servers which are dedicated computers which store the details and domains of the website and when somebody searches for a certain page the server tends to serve it to the end-user.
A web hosting company not only hosts the websites on their servers, but they also help in maintaining the website and also making sure that the website works properly all the time. They also make sure that the content and webpage are safe from cyber threats, a website is debugged from, time and time and that the end-users do not feel any lag in the loading time.
Web hosting types and services
One can find several types of web hosting services for their businesses and websites and it is up to the client to choose the right one which will suit the needs and requirements. The common types of web hosting services that one will come across are:
- Dedicated hosting: this is a type of hosting in which one will get an entire web server for their website and will not have to share it with others. One will get faster and better performing services for their website as the resources will not be shared. For all these people who need a high functioning server with better security and speed, one can spend on a dedicated hosting plan.
- Shared hosting: this is the affordable option as one will have to share the server with many other websites. This way the speed, space, the software capabilities, etc. will be reduced and divided among the member websites.
- Web site builders: this is a kind of service in which the service providers give their clients a chance to build their website even without technical know-how. They provide with an online set up for building the website using a simple interface and also give hosting set up additionally.
What is a Web hosting plan?
There are many web hosting companies out there from whom one can buy a plan, but once a company is chosen one will also have to choose a certain plan which fits with one’s objectives and requirements. There are several types of plans, but there are certain things that one will get offered with it like:
- Email accounts: one will see there are different types of email ids that one will have to deal with while using a web hosting plan. Especially if one has a domain of their own, then the accounts will be three in number. The accounts that one will be dealing with are:
- Forwarding email accounts: this type of email account is used when a business organization is using the service providers’ services to filter and forward the emails for them. In this case, one gets allotted with a forwarding id on the mail server so that all the emails will get shifted to that server directly.
- Alias email account: this type of email account is provided by the hosting service which is used to collect the emails which are sent to the address which is not followed by the original mails server.
- POP3 email accounts: this acts like a normal inbox account in which one can store emails on the server space and one can download the emails using this program using a login and password for the account.
- Space: there are a lot of data that needs to be saved on the webpage and for that one needs to decide on the amount of disk space one might require. All the data files related to website like emails, databases, media files, etc. will get saved on the server space.
- FTP access: web hosting service will also provide one with FTP access which will help one to shift and transfer the web page from one’s computer to the web hosting server.
How to choose a good web hosting service provider?
There are several points that one needs to keep in mind while selecting a web hosting service provider. These crucial points and features are as follows:
- Check the uptime of the server: the first thing to keep a track of is the uptime scores and reliability of the web host. Having a fast and optimized website is very important so that if users from any part of the world at any time search for the website they should be able to use the site without any lags. Look for a web host which is reliable throughout the time with proper network connections. One can read the reviews from the online forums to learn about their uptime services and also can use several online software and monitoring tools to track the uptime efficiency.
- What are the needs: before hiring any web hosting service and choosing a certain plan, it is important to have a clear picture of one’s requirements so that one can choose accordingly. Create a clear list of the needs and always make the plans for the future with a time span of 1 year in mind. There are certain things that one should get clarification on like:
- The type of website that one is building and one needs to get hosted.
- Is there any kind of Windows applications that one might need?
- Will one need any kind of special software or application for the website?
- The type of support script one might need.
- What will be the overall traffic that one will get on their website?
- What is the kind of space one will require and is there a need for shared or dedicated hosting?
- The cost that one is planning to pay.
- Whether one has a larger business or a smaller business and if one will need extra resources to handle the website.
- Addon domains: owning domain names has become quite cheap and many website owners tend to have many domain names in their accounts. Therefore, it is important to have a web hosting company which can provide one with space that can fit the extra domains. Choose a web hosting service provider who gives one a chance to add on the multiple domains on their server space without any extra charges. The minimum of domain add-ons that the website must allow should be more than 50 at least.
- Upgradation: the website might start small but eventually it will grow and the traffic and the needs will also increase organically. For this one will need more space and more resources. Therefore the web hosting company should have easy up-gradation policy. One might start with the cheaper option of shared hosting, but might end up wanting a dedicated hosting for the increased needs. One might choose dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, collated hosting, etc.
- Renewal rates: usually when signing up for a plan for the first time they will pay a sign-up price for the web hosting services and after the signed time is up then one will have to get a renewal of their account. Usually, the renewal rates tend to go up, as compared to the sign-up price. One can read the reviews, check the company website and read the terms and conditions to learn about the renewal rates. Make sure that the price hike should not have a jump of 100 percent from the sign-up price.
- Check the features: another very important thing to look out for is the kind of features that the business is providing one with:
- FTP access for transferring the website to the server and larger chunks of data as well.
- Installer which can be used to install web application with a single click.
- .the access file should be able to be used and controlled to do administrative changes easily on the website.
- Control panel: the control panel should be well adjusted and well designed so that the client can use it without any problems and without having to take help from tech support. It should have clear functionality showing everything about one’s account and its services.
- Back up and security: the last thing to check is the need for making sure that the site is well backed up and has the right amount of security for cyber attacks and issues. Make sure that the company backups the website regularly and that the process of restoring the backup files should be easy.